PEOPLE WITH REMARKABLE VISIONS & MISSIONS. MAY THEY PREVAIL.
- Michigan Disability Rights Coalition is a disability justice movement working to transform communities (not just in Michigan). http://www.copower.org/staff.html
- NRDC (Natural Resource Defense Council) | the nation’s most effective environmental action group, combining the grassroots power of 1.4 million members and online activists with the courtroom clout and expertise of more than 350 lawyers, scientists and other professionals. The New York Times calls NRDC “One of the nation’s most powerful environmental groups.” The National Journal says we’re “A credible and forceful advocate for stringent environmental protection.” | https://secure.nrdconline.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=3137&s_src=fbsharecadc#.UkA1EXPw3-I.facebook
- Women’s Voices for the Earth is a national organization that works to eliminate toxic chemicals that harm women’s health by changing consumer behaviors, corporate practices and government policies. | http://www.womensvoices.org/
- As You Sow is an organization with a vision and mission: Their vision is a safe, just, and sustainable world in which protecting the environment and human rights is central to corporate decision making. Their mission is to promote environmental and social corporate responsibility through shareholder advocacy, coalition building, and innovative legal strategies. | http://www.asyousow.org/
- The Environmental Working Group (EWG) is one of the nation’s most effective environmental health research and advocacy organization, with a mission is to conduct original, game-changing research that inspires people, businesses and governments to take action to protect human health and the environment. With your help — and with the help of hundreds of organizations with whom EWG partners, they are creating a healthier and cleaner environment for the next generation and beyond. | http://www.ewg.org/about-us
- Earthjustice (because the Earth needs a good lawyer) is a non-profit public interest law organization dedicated to protecting the magnificent places, natural resources, and wildlife of this earth, and to defending the right of all people to a healthy environment. | http://earthjustice.org/
- Seventh Generation is the nation’s leading brand of household and personal care products that help protect human health and the environment. Established in 1988, the Burlington, Vermont-based company remains an independent, privately-held company distributing products to natural food stores, supermarkets, mass merchants, and online retailers across the United States and Canada. Seventh Generation’s business practices focus on offering people varied avenues to express their idealism, passion, and commitment to causes larger than themselves. To read more about Seventh Generation’s corporate responsibility, read their 2011 Corporate Consciousness Report. | http://www.seventhgeneration.com/ Join their campaign for a toxic-free generation!
- The Cornucopia Institute, promoting economic justice for family scale farming | http://www.cornucopia.org/shopping-guide-to-avoiding-organic-foods-with-carrageenan/
- The Right-to-Know Network, protecting access to environmental information | http://www.rtknet.org
- Invisible Disabilities Association, encouraging, educating, and connecting people and organizations touched by illness, pain and disability around the globe | http://invisibledisabilities.org/
- Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families is a coalition that represents more than 11 million individuals and includes parents, health professionals, advocates for people with learning and developmental disabilities, reproductive health advocates, environmentalists and businesses from across the nation. | http://saferchemicals.org/
From a Yellow Canary of the 21st century, living in our disabling biosphere